Annapurna Base Camp Trek
THE TOUR AT THE GLANCE
One of Nepal's most classic short treks, this route takes you to the foot of some of the tallest mountains in the world. Along the way, you'll spend the night in two famous base camps with close-up views of Annapurna I and Machapuchare.The Annapurna Base Camp is perched on a cloud-piercing height of 13,550 ft in the northern region of Nepal. Starting from Banthanti to Annapurna Base Camp offers a stunning opportunity to relish the breathtaking heights of giant Himalayan ranges.The mountain ranges included in this tour bring you through Oak, Pine, Rhododendron, and lush green rice fields engraved with a diamond-like carpet of snow amidst majestic slopes of misty valleys. Since the Annapurna Base Camp Trek happens around a vast area of Annapurna Conservation Area. You'll be walking across the Modi river and discover some of the massive peaks of 7000-8000m.
EXPERIENCES AND VISITS IN THIS TOUR JOURNEY
- Takes you around Kathmandu Valley to see the medieval wonderful World Heritage Sites) which will
enlighten you on the arts, culture, architecture, religion and history;
- An inside look into the lives of monks at a Buddhist Monastery in Kathmandu
- Option to join monks during daily chanting sessions and lighting butter lamps in Kathmandu
- Visit the first bamboo school in Nepal.
- Spectacular views of the Annapurna mountain range in Pokhara
- An interactive session with Sherpa, Pokhara
- Have a chance to see the breathtaking view of the Himalayan range and a beautiful sunrise at Pokhara;
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride in Phewa Lake, Pokhara
- Traverse through quaint Nepalese villages with rich culture and delicacies
- The constant view of massive Himalayan peaks from the start of this trek.
- Enhance your experience with scenic lodges that offer the mystical sights of the Annapurna Glacier
- Behold the culture, traditions, and typical living practices of Gurung people in Ghandruk village, along
the waves of Modi Khola and walking through the forests with diverse flora and fauna.
- Experience the winds through Rhododendron forests, passes and over glacier rivers and waterfalls, and
allows spectacular views of sheer cliffs with rivers running below.
- Walk through the Annapurna conservation area which is home to 1226 species of plants, 102 mammals,
474 birds, 22 amphibians.
- The ancient royal city of Kathmandu’s historic squares lined with temples and other beautifully intricate
examples of Nepalese architecture.
- Embrace the mesmerizing views of the breathtaking peaks Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South,
Annapurna I, Hiunchuli, and more on this exhilarating Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
- Trek through the beautiful rhododendron forests of the lower Annapurna Region
- Visit the Gurung village of Ghandruk, with views of Annapurna and Fishtail
- This is one of Nepal's best short treks, taking you through picturesque villages while offering epic
- Enjoy the excellent scenery of Annapurna Base Camp, at 4,130 meters
VIEW FULL ITINERARY
Arrive Kathmandu/Nepal: You would be met by our representative in the arrival hall who would assist in all formalities to complete the immigration and visa requirements and transfer to hotel - arrive and check in.
Afternoon at leisure / independent activities.
Evening walk experience the hustle and bustle of the ancient markets of Asan Tole and Indra Chowk
Optional: Wake up early and after a quick cup of tea/coffee, transfer to Kathmandu domestic airport for Mt. Everest experience. We celebrate with a champagne in mid-air.
Morning visit Kathmandu Durbar Square in the heart of old city Kathmandu.Visit Swoyambhunath - a UNESCO World Heritage site, believed to have been established more than 2,500 years ago and now an important Buddhist learning site
Later visit Pasupatinath “Nepal’s most important Hindu temple stands on the banks of the holy Bagmati River”.
Afternoon Heritage walk to Boudhanath. The Stupa is located in the area of ancient trade route to Tibet where the Tibetan merchants used to rest and offered prayers for many centuries.
Visit a Buddhist Monastery near Boudhanath and experience a glimpse of Buddhism and watch the monks pray. Have an interactive session with a High-Monk (depending upon availability).
Later take a Rickshaw ride from Kathmandu Durbar Square to Thamel passing through the old Kathmandu city and local bazaars filled with local people.
Optional: Welcome dinner at the Krishna Arpan Restaurant at the Hotel Dwarika served in a traditional Nawari style and cuisine.
Today travel by road to Pokhara, arrive transfer and check-in at Hotel.
In the afternoon enjoy a Boat ride at Phewa Lake - the second largest lake in the Kingdom. Also boat around
the Barahi Temple which is located in an Island in the lake
Get up in the early morning and go to Sarangkot to enjoy breathtaking sunrise. When the sun picks out the peaks, they are transformed from a purple-pink to a celestial gold. As the day breaks thoroughly, you can admire a wonderful panoramic sweep of Himalayan peaks from west to east, which is praised as one of the most beautiful picture in Nepal. After the spectacular sunrise and landscape weeping at Sarangkot, you will drive to Peace Temple to see the brilliant World Peace Pagoda. - Constructed by the Buddhists from Japanese Nipponzan Myohoji organization, World Peace Pagoda expresses the good wishes of world peace. While seeing the enchanting natural sights around, you will also get a feeling of inner peace as well.
In the afternoon you will visit Devil’s Fall, locally known as Patale Chhango (Hell’s Fall). It is an awesome waterfall lying about 2 km south-west of Pokhara Airport on the highway to Tanmen. Then, pay a visit to the nearby Gupteswar Gupha, which is a sacred cave. It has some big hall-size rooms and some passages where you have to crawl on all fours. Afterwards, you will have a relaxed journey in Phewa Lake which is the second largest lake in Nepal. Enjoy a relaxing biking around the lake. You will then visit the most important religious monument in Pokhara. Then walking by the lake side visiting local bazar and local shops selling handicrafts including a visit to the Tibetian refugee camp.
Optional: Evening High tea with a Sherpa (90 minutes)
Sherpa is one of the ethnic communities inhabited in the mountain regions. Sherpa’s are highly regarded as elite mountaineers and experts in their local terrain. This will be a good experience for the visitors to have interaction with Sherpa’s and to know their experiences in mountain climbing.
Today, drive to Nayapul,and you will start with a short bus to Nayapul where the trekking begins.
You will first trek downhill to Birethanti by crossing the suspension bridge built over the Bhurungdi River. This small village is where you will be signing formalities with the authorities, the trek starts to climb upwards towards Ghandruk via Chane. The trek to Ghandruk is initially flat along the Modi River, before winding till Kimche and rising till Ghandruk.Spend the evening in the village and sleep overnight at a lodge in Ghandruk.
This morning, we will leave the village of Ghandruk behind as we begin the trek towards Sinuwa. Start the 6 to 7 hours long trek first goes along the Modi River, before diverting away and climbing towards the destination. You will be crossing several boulders before coming across a bridge on the Kimrong River.
The trail then becomes steep till you reach Gurung Village, in Chhomrong by crossing Jhinu Danda. At Chhomrong, we will cross a bridge over the Chhomrong River.
As we hike to Sinuwa from here, the views of forests of bamboo, rhododendron, and oak forests will be really mesmerizing. Overnight at a lodge in Sinuwa.
The trek today starts from Sinuwa on a very easy note till we reach Kuldhigar..At this point, a steep stone staircase will lead you Dobhan through a suspension bridge crossing. The trek for the day is lined by bamboo, rhododendron, and Oak forest. After hiking through the valley to Himalaya and Hinku Cave, you will be reaching Deurali, which is the destination for the day. Overnight at a lodge in Deurali.
This day is going to be the most wonderful as we begin on the final stretch towards the Annapurna Base Camp.A simple walk along the River Modi will bring us to Bagar. Bagar is the starting point of the trek to Machhapuchare base camp (3,700m).After an hour of rest at Machhapuchare and spending some time looking at some of the most majestic peaks towering above 7000-8000m, we will begin the trek that leads us to the Annapurna Sanctuary. After hiking a little more, we will arrive at the base camp of the South Annapurna. Spend some time looking at the 360-degree views of some of the highest mountains in the world around you. Overnight at a lodge in the Annapurna Base Camp
After spending some more time in the sanctuary, you will be retracing your steps to reach Bamboo via Bagar, Deurali and Dobhan.You will pass many waterfalls, caves, temples, and forests of rhododendron, oak, and bamboo. Overnight at a lodge in Bamboo
The morning begins with a hike from Bamboo to Kuldhigar to visit the office of ACAP.
From here, you will hike down to a bridge over the Chhomrong River after passing Sinuwa. Crossing the bridge brings you to Gurung Village.A steep hike downhill will bring you to Jhinu Danda, where you can relax and unwind in the hot springs after a long day of trekking. Overnight at a lodge in Jhinu Danda.
You will begin the day's trek by crossing the bridge on the Modi River. You will pass many forests and village settlements before arriving at Syauli Bazaar. Syauli Bazaar marks that point of the trek where the terrain becomes flat till Nayapul. A small hike from here will take you to the offices where you can perform the check-out formalities with the authorities. After this, you will be crossing the suspension bridge on the Bhurungdi River to arrive at Nayapul, from where our vehicle will take you back to Pokhara.
Today, travel by road to Kathmandu, upon arrival check in at Hotel
Rest of the day at leisure
Later in time transfer to airport to board flight back home
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN YOUR TOUR COST
- Accommodation for (total 12 nights) sharing double / twin room as per program
- Meals: as per mentioned ( Full board during Trekking with Packed lunch during Trekking.
- Tea-house accommodation during the trek
- Transfers, sightseeing/excursions as per the program by air-conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking local guide during visit in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- English speaking Trekking Guide during trekking tour with Porter/s
- Annapurna Conservation Park Permits (ACAP) fees
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fee
- First-aid kit
- Monument entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Blessing by High Lama in Boudha and lighting butter lamp in Kathmandu
- Rickshaw ride from Kathmandu durbar square to Thamel
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride in Phewa Lake, Pokhara
- Meeting & High tea with a Sherpa in Pokhara
- All visa fees for Nepal.
- Visit Bamboo School in Kathmandu
- Company representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
All presently applicable taxes including the GST charges levied recently by the Government.
TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE FOLLOWING EXPENSES
- International / Domestic Airfare
- Any new admission fees / taxes / fuel surcharges
- Meals not mentioned
- Travel and medical insurance.
- All personal expenses such as beverages, laundry, trip cancellation and personal insurance, gratuities, excess baggage fees
- Early check-in/late check-out (except as noted)
- Camera/video fees at monuments
- Evacuation charges, damage of any nature.
- Communication costs
- Any additional expenses due to unforeseen problems like natural disaster, war or strikes, cancellation or misconnection of flights or last-minute change of timings etc.
- Any other service, which has not been specified as "included".
World Escapes India Pvt. Ltd. is a travel company launched in 2013 and run by passionate tourism professionals, committed to design innovative products which suits to the budget of all type of travelers. It is a dream of young professional having a collective experience of more than three decades in different areas of travel & airline Industry.
- Plot no 36, Mohit Nagar, Sector 15 (Near NSIT) Dwarka, New Delhi -110078