Himalayan Valley of Flowers Trek
THE TOUR AT THE GLANCE
The most beautiful of all Himalayan flowers, the blue Primula can be seen blooming in thousands in the valley. The best time to see the valley in full bloom is from mid-July to mid-August. Deep in the heart of the Himalaya is the spectacular Valley of Flowers, a mountainside meadow at an altitude of 11,500 feet (3500 m.). The valley turns into a riot of colors in August and September, with over 1000 varieties of flowers, shrubs, orchids, and other plants carpeting the valley. With its diverse flora and fauna and dazzling snow-capped peaks around, the valley is a naturalist’s heaven and a trekker's delight. On this four-day trek (within a 10-day itinerary) you can witness its splendor for yourself.
EXPERIENCES AND VISITS IN THIS TOUR JOURNEY
- Explore renowned World Heritage Sites worth visiting for its splendid architecture and history in Delhi
- Rishikesh is the ultimate destination for harmony of your mind, body and soul
- View colorful wildflowers in the well-named Valley of Flowers
- Soak in the spiritual atmosphere in Rishikesh
- Trek to sacred Lake Hemkund, surrounded by snow peaks
- Push yourself on a trek in the Indian Himalaya
- Famous Temples at Haridwar, Rishikesh, Joshimath & Gurudwara of Hemkund Sahib, Confluences, Crystal Clear Lake, Verdant Valley, Snow clapped Himalayan Peaks and many more.
- Low altitude trek with cavernous gorges, spacious views, vibrant colors. Dazzling variation in scenery.
- Snow clapped peaks, murmuring Waterfalls, lush green meadows & numerous color of wild flowers.
- Rare glimpses of an ancient culture of local people.
- Nights in Hotel/Guest House.
VIEW FULL ITINERARY
Upon arrival in Delhi, you will be welcomed by our representative and escorted to your hotel.
In the morning you will see, the Jama Masjid, the largest and most well-known mosque in India. Enjoy a rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk followed by the orientation walk in Asia’s Largest Spice Market. Old Delhi street food is best enjoyed in its original setting, in the noisy labyrinthine by-lanes of Chawri Bazaar and Chandni Chowk; pass by the Redd Fort - this mighty fort was built with red sandstones under the rule of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1638. Drive past Rajpath, the grand avenue that connects the official buildings to the monumental Gate of India; the parliament, you will see the India Gate: this triumphal arch bears the names of the 85,000 soldiers of the Indian army who died during World War I.
In the afternoon you will visit Qutub Minar Complex (UNESCO World Heritage Site), the location of the highest sandstone minaret in India. Humayun’s Tomb, a marvelous example of Persian-inspired Mughal architecture. We will drive past the New Delhi Area, India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhawan (Presidential Palace), the Parliament House, and other colonial buildings. The early 20th-century work of Edwin Lutyens, a British architect, prominently features in the colonial districts.
Transfer to board morning Shatabdi Express to Haridwar.
Upon arrival, you will meet and transfer to Rishikesh & Check in at Hotel
Evening witness of the Ganga Aarti Ceremony at Parmarth Niketan ashram
Early morning attains Yoga & Meditation class.-
In the morning you will visit Laxman Jhula and Ram Jhula, suspended bridges and focal points of the city attraction, Bharat Mandir built by AdiguruShankracharya, the Hindu saint in 12th century, Rishikundwhere as per legend, the river Goddess Yamuna filled this tank with water.
Optional -Try Ayurvedic tonics and teas - There are a few restaurants in Rishikesh that make up their own herbal teas and tonics using Ayurvedic ingredients and herbs; a must try experience
In the afternoon drive to Haridwar, located at the point where the Ganges emerges from the Himalaya. Visit Har kiPauri, famous ghat on the banks of the Ganges. This revered place is the major landmark of the holy city of Haridwar. Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu are believed to have visited the Brahmakund in Har Ki Pauri in the Vedic times.
Evening witness of Aarti at Har-ki-Pauri. Haridwar, is one of the most religious town and it is this very holy town that hosts the famous 'Maha Aarti', every evening. The most pious ghats of Ganges in Uttaranchal is HarkiPauri, an important bathing ghat. Back to Rishikesh.
Today, travel by road to Joshimath will surely be long and arduous, but you are never going to run out of mesmerizing views. The great river running with us on parallel will get wilder and more fascinating as we trudge uphill. We will be passing by the 4 of the Panchprayag or the five holy confluence of Ganga—Devaprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, and Nandaprayag. So, keep your cameras ready and remain awake for most of the journey! Reach Joshimath after 7-8 hours' driving, in the evening.
Today, travel by road to Pulna (From Joshimath to Govindghat the distance is 40km. En route, you can spot the final Vishnuprayag. We will start off on the drive in the morning after breakfast and reach Govindghat by 8 am and then 4 km drive to Pulna which is the starting point. It will be a 9 km uphill route along the river, Pushpawati. The entire trail will be crowded most of the time. Many snack shops selling the beverage, hot noodles, omelets with bread, paratha, and the like can be found on this trail. So, you will never go hungry. The trek will be on a clearly defined stone-paved path, conveniently built with stairs. After 5 km walk, you will arrive at Bhyundar village. This village marks an amazing viewpoint for clear Hathi Parvat sights. Enjoy the wonderful sights as much as you can, because the strainful steep ascent will commence henceforth. You will reach Gangharia before nightfall, attaining an altitude of 10, 000 feet.
Today, journey to Valley of Flowers is a distance of 4 km. The valley is 6-7 km long; the distance travelled in the valley depends on how the trekkers want to explore the valley. Another, factor to be considered is the stamina of the trekkers.
Right, when you start from Ghangaria in 30 minutes forest check post arrives. The check post might not be an attraction but right before check post, there is a gushing waterfall called Laxman waterfall. Another 20 minutes into the greenery and next furious attraction comes. At this point, the Pushpavati river flows furiously below a wooden bridge. It is quite a common yet a unique and mesmerizing capture. The trail is steep and stone paved like the previous day. You can find many bridges and landslide areas when you enter the valley.
The valley is thousand times stupendous than you might have imagined. It truly makes the Himalayan peaks lively and cherishing. Blue Poppy, Snake Foil, White Leaf Hog Foot, Himalayan Rose, Meadow Geranium, Dog Flower, Hooked Stick Seed are the native flowers. These astounding colorful blossoms end after 5 km stretch at a glacier. If the weather is clear the mighty Himalayan peaks of Nilgiri Parvat, Bhyundar Khal, Rattaban, Gauri Parvat etc. in the background. Today’s journey will conclude with your coming back to Ghangaria before nightfall.
Get ready early in the morning to start trekking (6 Km) for "HEMKUND SAHIB". One of the most revered of all Sikh Shrines, The Hemkund Sahib, the World’s Highest Gurudwara, is situated at an altitude of 4,329 meters. There will be porters and mules if you wish to offload your load. The trail today will be similar to previous days stone paved and continuous ascend. There will be shops on the way where you can energize yourself. Watch out for the rare flower Brahmakamal that will be spotted beside pathways.
The Gurudwara is placed magically beside the mirror like glacial lake Hemkund. During clear skies, one can witness the flawless reflections of the adjoining Saptrishi peaks. The lake is fed by melting glaciers of Hathi Parvat and Saptrishi peaks. Religious Laxman temple is also found near the lake. In the afternoon trek down to reach Ghangariya for an overnight stay. The evening is free for rest & relaxation.
Today, Begin your descent trekking from Ghangaria back down to Govindghat. Make a short excursion to Mana village, in the district of Chamoli. Mana is the last village before the Mana Pass, and just a few miles from the India-China border. The village is very scenically beautiful. Then drive to Joshimath directly.
Today, travel by road to Haridwar, The ride will commence at 6 am and you will reach Haridwar. Your Breakfast and Lunch will be on the way at a roadside inn, upon arrival check in at Hotel
Morning at leisure
Later drive to Delhi, upon arrival meet and transfer to Delhi international airport to board flight back home
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN YOUR TOUR COST
- Accommodation for total 09 nights sharing twin/double room on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All Meals : as per program
- Transfers, sightseeing and excursions as per the program by air-conditioned vehicle
- All entrance fees to the monuments as mentioned in the program
- English speaking Local guide as per program,
- English speaking Local Guide, who is skilled, qualified and knows the Flora and Fauna fluently of the region.
- First aid medical kit with medical assistance for the trekkers camping and trekking permits
- Retutn train journey from Delh /iHaridwar / Delhi by Tourist class.
- Company representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- All presently applicable taxes including the GST charges levied recently by the Government.
- Two bottles of mineral water each day during sightseeing.
TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE FOLLOWING EXPENSES
- International / Domestic Airfare
- Any new admission fees / taxes / fuel surcharges/ Visa fees
- Meals not mentioned
- All personal expenses such as beverages, laundry, trip cancellation and personal insurance, gratuities, excess baggage fees
- Early check-in/late check-out (except as noted)
- Camera/video fees at monuments
- Communication costs
- Any additional expenses due to unforeseen problems like natural disaster, war or strikes, cancellation or misconnection of flights or last-minute change of timings etc.
- Any other service, which has not been specified as "included".
World Escapes India Pvt. Ltd. is a travel company launched in 2013 and run by passionate tourism professionals, committed to design innovative products which suits to the budget of all type of travelers. It is a dream of young professional having a collective experience of more than three decades in different areas of travel & airline Industry.
- Plot no 36, Mohit Nagar, Sector 15 (Near NSIT) Dwarka, New Delhi -110078