Temples, Tigers and Tribes Tour
THE TOUR AT THE GLANCE
Temples, Tigers and Tribes Tour, This tour combines visits to ancient temple cities with two outstanding wildlife sanctuaries at Bandhavgarh and Kanha in central India. Visit the exquisite, small town of Orchha, with its magnificent and jungle-entangled palaces and temples, and Khajuraho famed for its erotic sculptures. Round off your journey with a visit to idyllic Bhoramdeo, a village beside an 11th Century temple complex in north-western Chhatisgarh, an area far off the beaten track and ideal for exploring the life of India’s aboriginal tribes.
Bandhavgarh is famous for its tigers tours with a healthy population of Bengal tigers but it also has a wide range of other game including nilgai (blue bull), jungle cats, wild boar, hyenas and exotic birds. Kanha’s gorgeous forest also offers good chances of spotting the majestic tiger and other wildlife including leopards, Indian bison, deer and blackbuck, as well as a plethora of bird life. However, this well-balanced tour combines some of India’s best wildlife viewing opportunities and explorations of fascinating historic sites, with a rare opportunity to become genuinely immersed in the rural life of village India – it’s a truly memorable experience for any visitor.
EXPERIENCES AND VISITS IN THIS TOUR JOURNEY
- Walk thru Asia’s largest Spice Market and explore narrow lane in Old Delhi
- Visit Jahangir Mahal, Orchha Fort and Chaturbhuj Mandir, Orchha
- See the local variety of flora and fauna on a natures walk
- View the exquisite erotic stone carvings at the Khajuraho temples
- Explore Khajuraho Kamasutra temples at your pace with the assistance of a local guide.
- Visit Laxaman temple, Kandariya mahadev temple, Chaturbhuj temple and many others.
- Explore the world famous carvings and understand the philosophy of Tantra.
- Enjoy safari trip to Bandhavgarh national park for wildlife viewing.
- Catch a glimpse of the elusive Bengal tiger in Bandhavgarh
- Jungle safari at Kanha National Park and explore tiger, wild dogs, big cats, deer and leopard at Kanha.
- Have once-in-a-lifetime wildlife viewings, like Tiger, leopard and sloth bears
- The parks are open from mid-October to the end of June
- For the adventurer who loves to get off the beaten track, Madhya Pradesh's National Parks are the ultimate - in the depths of central India
VIEW FULL ITINERARY
Delhi is one of India's most colourful and exciting metropolises, where the old and new cities exist harmoniously together.Upon arrival into Delhi, you will be met by our representatives who will transfer you to your hotel for check in.
In the morning you will visit Jama Masjid, the largest and most well-known mosque in India, Raj Ghat- a simple and stunning memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, one of the main architects of India’s Independence from the British. Enjoy a rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk followed by the orientation walk in Asia’s Largest Spice Market. Old Delhi street food is bestenjoyed in its original setting, in the noisy labyrinthine by-lanes of Chawri Bazaar and Chandni Chowk; pass by the Redd Fort - this mighty fort was built with red sandstones under the rule of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1638.
Afternoon proceed for a visit to Lutyen’s Delhi, primarily consisting of the administrative area of the capital, India Gate and the Viceroy’s House (which is now known as Rashtrapati Bhawan). Visit Qutub Minar- the tallest stone tower as well as one of the finest Islamic structures raised in India; Humayun's Tomb- this magnificent garden tomb is the first substantial example of Mughal architecture in India.
Transfer to Railway station to board train to Jhansi, upon arrival meet and transfer to Orchha and check in at Hotel.
In the afternoon you will visit Ochha- a small but historic village in northern Madhya Pradesh, one-time bastion of the Bundela dynasty. Orchha.is a Huge monuments which once defined the capital of the Bundela kings now surround and dwarf the small rural village. The largest of these is the palace complex, where the Raj Mahal and Jehangir Mahal display a unique combination of Hindu and Muslim architecture, painted decorations, and ornate tile work. Afterwards, visit Chaturbhuj temple and the enormous riverside cenotaphs. Make few stops to walk and enjoy the bounty of natural beauty at the banks of river and of adjoining jangle. Confined to the central region, high and massive architecture, flora and fauna makes Orchha the absolute stunning ideal location for nature adventure.
Today, travel by road to Khajuraho- a world heritage site, arrival check-in the hotel
In the afternoon you will visit Khajuraho, which is also known as Temple City of Central India, is renowned worldwide for the erotic carvings on its stones. The temples, built in the Chandela dynasty, are listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites. visit of the Khajuraho temples - Eastern and Western Group of Temples. The main temples are in the Western group, which features the magnificent Kandariya Mahadev Temple. It is the most beautiful and largest temple in Khajuraho. The tower of the temple is about 100 ft. high. The western group of temples is well known for their amazing elegance and wonderful framework. The Eastern Group contains a number of exquisitely sculptured Jain temples. Parsvanath is the longest of Jain temples in the eastern group. The sculptures in this temple are non-erotic.
In the evening enjoy the magical moments during the sound and light show at the temples of Khajuraho.
Today, travel by road to Bandhavgarh National Park. Bandhavgarh is home to a wide variety of rare and endangered animals including the insectivorous sloth bear, the impressively large gaur (the largest living bovine native to India), the majestic sambar deer, chital, wild pig, and a wide variety of birds. The park also has the highest Bengal tiger density in the world, so keep your eyes peeled for signs of tracks., arrive and check in at Hotel
Today, take game drive early in the morning by jeep with naturalist to see some wonderful wildlife species and return to your hotel to rest for lunch. In the afternoon make another foray into the park by Jeep. Besides tigers, you may also catch a glimpse of the leopards that have a large breeding population in this national park. For the avid bird watcher or botanist, there are a plethora of bird and plant species to be seen here.
Today, travel by road to Kanha Tiger Reserve, the original inspiration for Rudyard Kipling when he wrote ‘The Jungle Book’. Today a similar abundance of wildlife still exists in one of the largest sanctuaries in India, in total covering an area in excess of 2,000 square kilometres. Extensive grasslands and sal and bamboo forests have led to comparisons with Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Ravines and hills create diverse habitats, home to Royal Bengal tiger, leopard, sloth bear, swamp deer, sambar and Indian bison, along with a rich birdlife
In the afternoon is free to relax and soak in the atmosphere or pay a visit to the nearby village.
Today, take two jeep safaris into the park- one early in the morning before the heat of the day, and the second in the afternoon after lunch. There is also an option to go on an elephant ride in the morning instead of the jeeps- since wildlife are less likely to be startled by elephants than noisy jeeps, you may have more successful wildlife viewings. Keep an eye out for the beautiful chital deer- you can spot the males by their impressive meter-long antlers and spotted rufous coats.
Today, travel to Bhoramdev . on arrival and check in at Hotel
The Bhoramdev Temple, also known as the Khajuraho of Chhattisgarh, with its lotus-filled pushpa sarovar (lake), for one, makes a persuasive argument. Sure, the 11th-century architecture with its erotic imagery is undoubtedly reminiscent of what you’ll see at the original.
In the afternoon proceed to visit Baiga Tribe -The Baiga are 'Pashupati' - Lords of the Animals - with esoteric natural powers. The term 'Baiga' is also used in the Gond world, not to refer to the distinct Baiga people, but as a title conferred on certain individuals with unusual spiritual gifts. Magic and the unseen powers of nature play a large part in the lives of these local tribes, but so do music and dance and a joy of living, even in often-difficult economic circumstances. Mother Nature,the true Goddess, reigns over everything; so much so that for years the Baiga resisted the use of the plough, fearing it would wound their Mother's flesh. Markets, festivals and wonderful costumes add to the magic of a walk through this wild but hospitable country, a living journey through a time gone by. We visit the famous weekly market of the Baigas in the Evening at Chilpi.
Today visit some of the villages around Bhoramdeo. There’s the chance to spend an afternoon at a pottery village, trying your hand at the wheel or paddling the clay with bare feet, later calling in at bamboo workshop, and afterwards at the Yadav (cattle herder) villages and Agaria (blacksmith) villages. The area is notable for many colourful weekly haats (tribal markets), taking place almost every day of the week, and there’ll be a chance to visit at least one of these.
Today there’s a short, guided trek into the forested hills to search out local wildlife. Species commonly seen include langur monkey, barking deer and jackal, together with a wealth of bird, butterfly and other insect life. Later, it’s possible to hire bicycles and independently explore the nearby area, calling in at villages and interacting with local people.
Today, transfer to Raipur airport to board flight for Delhi Upon arrival, meet at airport and transfer to connect fight back ome
Note: On every Wednesday, the Evening Safari shift remains closed for visitors at Bandhavgarh / Kanha National Park. During Holi , Diwali (celebrated in the month of March & November), both the safari shifts remains closed.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN YOUR TOUR COST
- Accommodation for total 11 nights on sharing twin / double room on bed & breakfast Basis.
- Meals: Full board at Bandhavgarh, Kanha National Park and Bhoramdev
- Transfers, sightseeing/excursions as per the program by air-conditioned Vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide as per program.
- All entrance fees to the monuments as mentioned in the program.
- Cycle Rickshaw ride in the local bazar in Delhi
- Train journey from Delhi to Jhansi by Tourist Class.
- 02 Jungle Safari (by Jeep) at Bandhavgarh National Park with Naturalist.
- 02 Jungle Safari (by Jeep) at Kanha National Park with Naturalist.
- Company representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- All presently applicable taxes including the GST charges levied recently by the Government.
- Two bottles of mineral water each day during sightseeing.
TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE FOLLOWING EXPENSES
- International / Domestic Airfare
- Any new admission fees / taxes / fuel surcharges/ Visa fees
- Meals not mentioned
- All personal expenses such as beverages, laundry, trip cancellation and personal insurance, gratuities, excess baggage fees
- Early check-in/late check-out (except as noted)
- Camera/video fees at monuments
- Communication costs
- Any additional expenses due to unforeseen problems like natural disaster, war or strikes, cancellation or misconnection of flights or last-minute change of timings etc.
- Any other service, which has not been specified as "included".
World Escapes India Pvt. Ltd. is a travel company launched in 2013 and run by passionate tourism professionals, committed to design innovative products which suits to the budget of all type of travelers. It is a dream of young professional having a collective experience of more than three decades in different areas of travel & airline Industry.
- Plot no 36, Mohit Nagar, Sector 15 (Near NSIT) Dwarka, New Delhi -110078