The Heritage of India
THE TOUR AT THE GLANCE
Maharajas Express - Heritage of India tour itinerary offers whirlwind tour across some of the most fascinating destinations across India to offer you a glimse into the rich heritage of India. Chart the terrain of Western India and witness some of the most spectacular monuments and forts of India. Beginning from World Heritage Site of Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai, the train traverses the course of Western India including famous rock cut Ajanta Caves culminating this princely saga in the colonial Delhi City, This train from Mumbai to Delhi through Ajanta, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Ranthambore, and Agra. By visiting here, you get to witness the rich historical and cultural evidence of India, a kaleidoscope in itself when it comes to the mixture of culture and architecture.The 8-days journey marks the beginning of an adventure that will surely give you the memories of the rich history and culture that has been prevailing in India since.
EXPERIENCES AND VISITS IN THIS TOUR JOURNEY
- Welcome Ceremony at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station, Mumbai
- Enjoy a cocktail dinner with Marwar Culinary delight in Jodhpur at Bikaner
- An exciting game drive at Ranthambore National Park
- Indulge in a royal lunch at Udaipur
- Lunch at an exclusive venue at Jaipur
- Visit the magnificent Taj Mahal at Agra and enjoy Champagne Breakfast.
- Walking Tour of the Old Clock Tower on Tuk Tuk Ride
- Sand Dunes followed by cocktails, bar-be-que and folk dances
Embarkation & Disembarkation (Heritage of India)
Check-in Venue & Timing - The Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai / 0900 hrs
Departure Station & Timing - Mumbai - Chatrpati Shivaji Terminus / 1030 hrs
Arrival Station & Timing - Delhi - Safdarjung Station / 1530 hrs
Guests boarding the Maharaja Express have to report at least an hour before the train's departure at a pre-assigned venue in Mumbai for the pre-boarding facilities. All final details related to the meeting point will be emailed or handed over along with the journey's travel vouchers and documents, around 14 days before the departure date.
VIEW FULL ITINERARY
Report at a hotel at 10:30 AM and get transferred to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station. Board Maharajas' Express as the train chugs off towards Udaipur
Welcome to a regal journey aboard the Maharajas Express as you embark on Heritage of India tour. By 10:30 hours, assemble at the hotel. Later get assisted transfer to the station to board your luxury train. Enjoy a warm welcome even as you complete your registration formalities. Explore the train amenities.
09:00 Hrs - Welcome and Registration at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
10:45 Hrs - Proceed for Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaja Terminus Railway Station, Mumbai
11:30 Hrs - Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Udaipur
12:30 Hrs - Lunch onboard
19:30 Hrs - Dinner onboard
Udaipur - the City of Lakes and also referred to as Venice of the East. Post breakfast, disembark from the train & first enjoy boat ride in Lake Pichola followed by visit to City Palace (one of the largest palace complex in India) with scalloped arches, fretted balconies, and cupolas & Crystal Gallery –with display of personal collection of Udaipur Royalty. Experience a sumptous lunch in Durbar Hall of Fatehprakash Palace .Post Lunch Option to return back to train to relax OR avail optional activities
08:00 Hrs - Breakfast onboard.
10:10 Hrs - Arrive into Udaipur. Proceed for Boat ride on Lake Pichola followed by visit to City Palace and Crystal Gallery.
13:30 Hrs - Lunch at Satkar Hall of Fatehprakash Palace.
15:00 Hrs - Return to comforts of Maharajas’ Express or may avail optional activities-Spa at a hotel or Local City Tour.
20:00 Hrs - Dinner onboard.
22:00 Hrs - Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Jodhpur.
Train arrives in Jodhpur in the morning & post breakfast. Morning at leisure or optionally you may embark on a tour to Bishnoi Village or a spa session at leading hotel in the city.. After on board lunch, explore this erstwhile capital of Marwar, which is set like jewel amidst golden sands and is famous for its magnificent forts and palaces from Rajput era. Proceed on a walking tour of Old Clock Tower Market and visit the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort to admire the intricate latticed windows, elaborately carved panels and elegantly curved porches. Highlight of the day is Royal Cocktail Evening with cultural program & array of sumptuous Marwar culinary delights. Post dinner return to Railway Station & train departs
07:30 Hrs - Breakfast onboard
09:15 Hrs - Optional Tour to Bishnoi Village (De-board at Rohat Railway Station)
13:00 Hrs - Lunch onboard
14:30 Hrs - Proceed to visit the Mehrangarh Fort followed by a Walking Tour of the Old Clock Tower market and enjoy a joy ride on Tuk Tuks
17:30 Hrs - Proceed for an exclusive cocktail dinner at an exclusive venue
20:15 Hrs - Return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express
03:00 Hrs - Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Bikaner
Train arrives at Bikaner Station in the morning & post breakfast -Option to relax on the train OR avail optional tours. After Lunch on board, visit late 16th century built Junagarh Fort- a formidable structure encircled by a moat and features numerous decorative halls. Later proceed for excursion to sand dunes with en-route high-tea stop at Gajner Palace. On arrival at the sand dunes you are greeted by cocktails, barbeque and folk dances. Later drive back to Railway Station & train departs.
08:00 Hrs - Enjoy countryside while having breakfast onboard
10:00 Hrs - Arrive into Bikaner. Relax onboard or you may choose an optional Local City Tour
13:00 Hrs - Lunch onboard
14:00 Hrs - Visit to Junagarh Fort followed by sundowners at Sand Dunes
17:30 Hrs - Arrive at the Sand Dunes followed by cocktails, bar-be-que and folk dances
20:30 Hrs - Return to the comforts of the Maharajas' Express
21:30 Hrs - Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Jaipur
After on board breakfast, proceed for excursion to Amber Fort Palace – constructed in late 16th century using combination of Red sandstone & marble & having large ramparts, series of well decorated gates & hallways, Halls of Public & Private Audience. Return to train for Lunch. Option to relax On board OR avail optional tours.
Evening dinner at an exclusive venue. Late Evening return back to Maharaja’s Express, Train proceeds to Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore)
08:00 Hrs - Breakfast onboard
09:30 Hrs - Arrive into Jaipur. Proceed for a visit to Amber Fort
12:30 Hrs - After sight seeing proceed to Rambagh Palace hotel for lunch
16:00 Hrs - Return to the comforts of Maharajas’ Express
You may choose Optional Activities – Spa at a hotel, Visit to City Palace Museum and Observatory or Local City Tour
20:00 Hrs - Dinner onboard
21:30 Hrs - The Maharajas' Express proceeds to Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore)
Early morning arrival at Sawai Madhopur Railway Station and proceed for excursion to Jungles of Ranthambore- the private hunting ground of the Maharajas for possible sighting of the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger. These jungles are also home to, sambar, chital, nilgai, chinkara, wild boar, sloth bear, hyena, jackal and leopard. Post safari, return to the railway station & train departs. Breakfast & lunch on board.
Afternoon: Mughal Town of Fatehpur Sikri
Afternoon excursion to UNESCO World Heritage Site of Fatehpur Sikri, built in Red Sandstone in late 16th century & abandoned within 20 years of it’s construction Due to water scarcity. This deserted Mughal City, offers imposing gateways, Halls of Private and Public audience and beautifully sculptured palaces. Dinner On board.
06:00 Hrs - Proceed for an exciting Game Drive at Ranthambore National Park
09:30 Hrs - Return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express
09:45 Hrs - Breakfast onboard
10:15 Hrs - Maharajas' Express proceeds for Fatehpur Sikri
13:30 Hrs - Lunch onboard
14:30 Hrs - Arrive into Fatehpur Sikri
15:30 Hrs - Visit the deserted Mughal City of Fatehpur Sikri
18:00 Hrs - Return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express
19:30 Hrs - Enjoy an “Indian Evening” followed by dinner onboard
Morning, excursion to one of the wonders of the world, The Taj Mahal, constructed entirely out of white marble and is an architectural masterpiece featuring beautiful inlay work and marble screens. This is followed by another exclusive event, champagne breakfast atop a hillock overlooking Taj Mahal & later return to the train and depart.
Lunch on board. Train arrives in Delhi by 15:30 hrs. & Check out on arrival. The magical journey comes to an end.
06:45 Arrive into Agra and proceed to visit Taj Mahal
09:30 Champagne Breakfast at Taj Khema
10:45 Return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express
11:05 Maharajas' Express proceeds to Delhi
13:00 Lunch onboard
15:30 Disembark and bid farewell to the Maharajas' Express as your journey comes to an end
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN YOUR TOUR COST
- Total 06 night’s accommodation on The Heritage of India (Maharajas' Express)
- Accommodation in Air Conditioned Deluxe Cabin or Junior Suite or Suite or Presidential Suite with attached Bathroom on board The Maharaja Express
- All meals including tea, coffee and mineral water and house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits during The Maharaja Express
- Transport for sightseeing with Deluxe Coaches during The Maharaja Express for Deluxe Cabin and Junior Suite Clients
- One Transfer in Mumbai and One Transfer in Delhi by Private Vehicle with Driver
- Butler service, complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board
- Transport for sightseeing with Private Vehicle & Private Guide during The Maharaja Express for Suite and Presidential Suite Clients
- Guided off train tours as included in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide
- Porter charges at stations
- Transport for sightseeing with Deluxe Coaches
- Entrance fee to monuments and museums
- All transfers, sightseeing/excursion as per the Palace on wheels by air-conditioned luxury vehicle (on sharing basis) with local English Speaking Guide.
- All local tax and service tax, as applicable at present.
TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE FOLLOWING EXPENSES
- Airfare and airport taxes.
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Liquor, tips, laundry, telephone calls, video camera fees, Business Car
- Facilities, Spa Car Facilities and other items of personal nature
- No charter can be booked during X-Mas & New Year period.
- Tariff Subject to change without notice
- Expenses of personal nature like drinks, personal insurance, tips, Video/Still Camera permits and telephone calls.
- Any additional expenses due to unforeseen problems like natural disaster, war or strikes, cancellation or misconnection of flight or last minute change of timings etc.
- Any other service, which has not been specified as "included".
World Escapes India Pvt. Ltd. is a travel company launched in 2013 and run by passionate tourism professionals, committed to design innovative products which suits to the budget of all type of travelers. It is a dream of young professional having a collective experience of more than three decades in different areas of travel & airline Industry.
- Plot no 36, Mohit Nagar, Sector 15 (Near NSIT) Dwarka, New Delhi -110078