Pride of Karnataka
THE TOUR AT THE GLANCE
The Golden Chariot itinerary offers an attractive sojourn across Karnataka and will also take you to Goa. Commencing on Sunday from Bangalore and concluding back in Bangalore, the following Saturday, The proud cultural heritage and topographical diversity of the state of Karnataka along with the sunkissed beaches of the tiny emerald of Goa is what is at display during the 6 nights and 7 days itinerary of the Golden Chariot named the Pride of Karnataka.Beginning from the Garden City Bangalore, this luxury train criscrosses fascinating terrains traveling throgh lush landscapes near Kabini and from their on the train travels to a series of heritage and architectural sites that includes the royal Mysore, heritage Hassan(Chikmangalur) Hospet and Badami and then on to the creamy beaches of Goa. Throughout the journey, the atate of the art amenities, impeccable hospitality and cozy interiors keep you pampered on board as you travel hassle free from one facinating destination to other.
EXPERIENCES AND VISITS IN THIS TOUR JOURNEY
- Bandipur Jungle Safari: Wander through abundant greenery inhabiting a galore of wild animals and adorable birds.
- Mysore Palace: An edifice straight out of the fairytale. This massive palace of Indo-Saracenic style has a captivating charm of its own.
- Temple complexes of Halebidu: These temple complexes have some of the best finely-detailed carvings, attracting tourists from every corner of the world with its old-world charm.
- Coffee Plantation tour in Chikkamagaluru: Enjoy coffee tasting along with the walk in the plantation.
- Virupaksha temple and Vijay Vittala Temple: two of the many best tourist spots in the land of ruins and rocks, Hampi.
- Badaami caves: Experience the perfection of the rock-cut art with a tinge of red.
- Badami caves: Experience the perfection of the rock-cut art with a tinge of red. Best beaches and churches of Goa.
Embarkation & Disembarkation (Pride of Karnataka)
Check-in Venue & Timing – Yeshwantpur Railway Station, Bangalore/ 0745 hrs
Departure Station & Timing – Yeshwantpur Railway Station, Bangalore/ 0845 hrs
Arrival Station & Timing – Yeshwantpur Railway Station, Bangalore/ 0800 hrs
Guests boarding the Golden Chariot Train have to report at least an hour before the train's departure at a pre-assigned venue in Bengaluru for the pre-boarding facilities. All final details related to the meeting point will be emailed or handed over along with the journey's travel vouchers and documents, around 14 days before the departure date.
VIEW FULL ITINERARY
On your arrival in the city of Bangalore, you have to arrive at 0845 hours at Yeshwanthpur Railway Station. After a traditional welcome by the staff of the train, you will be ushered to your royal cabins and the train will soon move out of Bangalore towards Bandipur.
High tea will be organized for all guests aboard the Golden Chariot and after the tour briefing, onboard the guests will proceed for the scrumptious lunch. At 1400 hours you will reach at Nanjangud town and de-board the train. You will head towards Bandipur National Park from here which is located at a distance of 50 km. Enjoy the evening safari at the national park from 1630 hours to 1830 hours and then return to the train which will proceed towards Mysore. Train stationed at Mysore station for overnight.
- The warm welcome at Yesvantpur Railway Station at around 0845 hrs.
- Tour Briefing on the train.
- Delectable Lunch aboard.
- Deboard at Nanjangud Town at 1400 hrs.
- Road trip to Bandipur which is 50 km
- Enjoy the Jungle Safari at Bandipur from 1630 to 1830 hrs.
- Return to train and have a delicious dinner aboard.
- You will reach Mysore by train and overnight at Mysore.
Relish your breakfast served aboard the Golden Chariot. Later, de-board at Mysore Railway Station. You will be taken to visit the famous Amba Vilas Mysore Palace, the home of the royal Wodeyar Dynasty. After a quick visit, you will be returned to the train for lunch.
Then you can visit the Srirangapatnam (optional). You will be taken on a short coach trip to Srirangapatnam, the capital of South India's very own tiger, Tipu Sultan. Explore Dariya Daulat, Tipu mausoleum and drive through the fort while sightseeing. Later proceed for shopping in Mysore, the city is famous for silk Sarees, sandalwood, incense, coffee powder, and brass artifacts.
- Breakfast on the train.
- Go for the sightseeing tour of Mysore Palace
- Return to train for the mouthwatering lunch
- In the evening you can visit Srirangapatnam (optional)
- Dinner will be served on board.
Begin the day with a leisurely breakfast. Arrive at the Banavar Railway station where you de-board the Golden Chariot at 0800 hours and proceed for a sightseeing tour of Halebidu. This city is blessed with magnificent temple complexes of the 10th century Hoysala architecture. Explore and appreciate the intricate workmanship of the sculptures, frescoes, and ornate pillars.
Return to the train by 1130 hours and then proceed to the Chikkamagaluru. Savor a sumptuous lunch and de-board the train upon your arrival at Chikkamagaluru station at 1500 hours. Proceed for the Coffee Plantation tour. Enjoy the time here and devour the dinner.
Breakfast will be served on the train
Arrival at Banavar Railway Station
Visit on the tour of Halebidu from Banavar Rly Station at 0800 hrs.
Return to train by 1130 hrs. After the sightseeing tour of Halebidu.
Train leaves for Chikmagalur.
Lunch will be served.
Deboard the Golden Chariot at 1500 hrs. Visit for the plantations tour followed by coffee tasting and dinner.
Back to the Golden Chariot train.
Today, The architectural marvel awaits you in Hampi. This is a dreamy land with a tinge of beige and rocks strewn in the landscape. This day you will first visit the best sites of Hampi, like the Vijayvithala Temple in Hampi with a brilliant stone chariot from which the Golden Chariot itself is inspired. The sunset view from the banks of Tungabhadra River is enchanting and rejuvenating, after this you will hop aboard and have dinner.
- Have a scrumptious breakfast on the train
- Leave to visit Vijaya Vittala temple (Hampi) and the Stone Chariot which inspired the Golden Chariot
- Back to the Golden Chariot and the lunch will be then served.
- Enjoy the view of the sunset from the train
- Dinner will be served in the Golden Chariot.
Breakfast will be served on board. Upon your arrival at Badami, leave the train and proceed towards the popular tourist attractions housed here. Visit the Badami Caves (optional) and return to the train for lunch. At 1415 hours de-board the train to visit Pattadakal and Aihole, and return to the Golden Chariot after the sightseeing tour.
Breakfast will be served on the train
Arrival in Badami
After having breakfast aboard, you can visit to explore the Badami Caves and this is optional.
Back to the Golden Chariot and have lunch.
At 1415 hrs. leave for the sightseeing tour of Pattadakal and Aihole.
Return to the Golden Chariot
Dinner will be served on board.
Today, the 6th day of the Golden Chariot trip, arrive at Goa. Magical beaches are a specialty of the smallest state of India but there is also so much more. Post breakfast, leave for sightseeing.
Sightseeing in Goa must include its UNESCO World heritage sites, the elegant churches in Goa. Visit the famous churches of Old Goa and museums. Walkthrough the Old Portuguese house now an emporium for shopping and refreshments.
Lunch will be served onboard followed by Bollywood evening and dinner at the hotel. Return to the Golden Chariot by 2145 hours. The train will proceed to Yeshwanthpur.
- The Train reached Goa
- Breakfast will be served in the Golden Chariot.
- Proceed for the sightseeing tour of the Churches of North Goa and Museum.
- Return to the train and have lunch on board.
- Deboard the train to enjoy the Bollywood Evening
- Have a scrumptious dinner at the resort or hotel.
- Back to the Golden Chariot by 2145 hrs and soon the train leaves for Bangalore.
- Dinner will be served.
- Train will leave for Bengaluru.
Relish on the lip-smacking breakfast served aboard the train before the Golden Chariot sojourn comes to an end. The luxury train will land you back in the Yeshwanthpur Railway Station, Bangalore by 11:00 hours on the 7th day of the trip! The journey with the Golden Chariot thus completes a full circle.
- The breakfast is served.
- Reach Yeshwanthpur Railway station and bid adieu to this magical journey.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN YOUR TOUR COST
- Total 06 night’s accommodation on The Pride of Karnataka (Golden Chariot Train)
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabins with attached bathrooms
- All meals including tea, coffee and mineral water and house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits during The Golden Chariot
- Guided off train tours as included in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide
- Butler service, complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board
- Porter charges at stations
- Transport for sightseeing’s with an air-conditioned deluxe bus
- Entrance fee to monuments and museums
- All local tax and service tax, as applicable at present.
TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE FOLLOWING EXPENSES
- Airfare and airport taxes.
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Liquor, tips, laundry, telephone calls, video camera fees, Business Car
- Facilities, Spa Car Facilities and other items of personal nature
- No charter can be booked during X-Mas & New Year period.
- Tariff Subject to change without notice
- Expenses of personal nature like drinks, personal insurance, tips, Video/Still Camera permits and telephone calls.
- Any additional expenses due to unforeseen problems like natural disaster, war or strikes, cancellation or misconnection of flight or last minute change of timings etc.
- Any other service, which has not been specified as "included".
World Escapes India Pvt. Ltd. is a travel company launched in 2013 and run by passionate tourism professionals, committed to design innovative products which suits to the budget of all type of travelers. It is a dream of young professional having a collective experience of more than three decades in different areas of travel & airline Industry.Read More..
- Plot no 36, Mohit Nagar, Sector 15 (Near NSIT) Dwarka, New Delhi -110078